10 Reasons Why You Need to be at This Year’s Spredfast Summit
This guest post is from Erin Vande Steeg, Mall of America's Senior Social Media Strategist.
Really quick, take a look at your calendar. What does October 15-17th look like? Place a hold on those days and keep reading. Last week, Spredfast launched their #speedoflife sweepstakes, where they will give one social marketer a chance to attend the 3rd Annual Spredfast Summit, all expenses included. If you work in social media, you don’t want to miss this opportunity to connect with your peers and hear from today’s most innovative social marketers at brands like Brooks Brothers, ESPN, and AARP.
How do I know? Last year, I was the Social Media Strategist hopping on a plane to Austin for three days of networking, learning, and yes, partying—ATX style:
— Spredfast (@Spredfast) September 24, 2013
If I haven’t convinced you yet to enter for a chance to reach this year’s Summit, keep reading for my top 10 reasons why you should attend:
- A killer keynote. Arianna Huffington will be a tough act to follow but something tells me Jonah Peretti (HuffPo Co-founder) and Co-founder and CEO of Buzzfeed is going to bring some serious knowledge to the table.
- More breakouts for your brain. Spredfast has added an additional track to each breakout session this year offering you more opportunities to learn from some of the best and brightest in the biz.
- Networking. The chance to meet the people behind your favorite social brands. Last year I swapped stories with Natanya Anderson (Whole Foods Market) and Paolo Mottola (REI), and left with a few new hometown-turned-happy-hour friends behind Target’s brilliant social strategy team.
- Coffee and candy for days. This is serious, people. There’s no shortage of sugar, sweets, and caffeine to help kick start your day or clear your head after a late night of ATX antics – err – I mean, studying.
- #TrueAustin. Speaking of ATX antics, if you haven’t visited the city of Austin, TX, you’re missing out! The Spredfast team has awesome reccos for food, fun, and fitness. From late night live music to BBQ and yoga – they have you covered, just tweet and ask, like I did! If you’re looking for some company, your favorite Spredfaster will be happy to show you around and I’d be more than happy to join!
- Best practices from the best in the practice. This year’s lineup features breakout sessions with the world’s biggest brand leaders such as Hyatt, PepsiCo, and NASCAR. You’ll learn best practices in brand engagement, global social expansion, real-time marketing and more. Nerd alert: I still carry around my orange Spredfast notebook from last year’s Summit with my notes from some of the most kick-ass movers and shakers in social marketing. It’s true.
- Photo-bombs and #selfies. You can roll your eyes, but it wouldn’t be a true social Summit without the opportunity to photo bomb your new friends, snap a selfie, or share a collection of moments throughout the week. Don’t forget to use #sfsummit. You’ll thank me on your next #tbt.
- Get inspired. You’re surrounded by a room full of social entrepreneurs, creative thinkers and brand motivators. Shake a new hand, spark a new conversation, swap stories, and be inspired.
- Why behind what we do. This was a key takeaway from last year’s Summit: Our job is no easy task. No, we’re not just “sitting on Twitter and Facebook all day…” OK, kind of, but there’s a reason we do and a reason we work around the clock. Here’s a healthy reminder that our work is shaping the industry, providing superior social experiences and solving today’s toughest marketing challenges. Our “Social Why” is the guide to our social strategies and elevates the importance of brand purpose. Share your social why and join us at this year’s Spredfast Summit.
- Get a sneak peek at the future. Lastly, you’ll learn from Spredfast product experts and company leaders first hand as they share what’s in store and provide you a sneak peek at the product innovation roadmap to keep your brand ahead of the rest at the #speedoflife.
Oh, and did I mention legendary live music and some of the best Bar-B-Q around town? Good. I must add: some of the most mouth-watering food trucks, fried chicken, cocktails, mechanical bull rides (yes, that happened – and no, you won’t find that video on my Instagram channel) and more!
Ready to reach this year’s Spredfast Summit? Tell Spredfast how you keep your brand moving at the #speedoflife for a chance to win. Hope to see you at #SFSummit!
As Mall of America Senior Social Media Strategist, Erin Vande Steeg is responsible for overseeing the social footprint of the nation’s largest shopping and entertainment destination. Erin has built and shaped the Mall’s playful online brand identity since 2011 and continues to inject creative social media solutions while integrating social media into traditional marketing efforts to drive traffic and generate sales for MOA™. Erin contributed to the creation of and now manages the Mall’s Enhanced Service Portal (ESP), the new communications hub at Mall of America bringing together social media, digital media, security and telecom to create custom engagements between MOA guests and tenants.