665,000 Tweets Were Sent During SXSWi 2014. Here’s What They Were Talking About [Infographic]
During SXSWi, some of the top minds in the world converge onto Austin to share ideas, learn from others’ experiences, and eat a lot of tacos. While they were here, they sent more than 665,000 Tweets that mentioned SXSW in the hashtag. What do all these people Tweet about while they’re here? We took a look at Tweets gathered from Midnight on March 7th, 2014, to Noon on March 10th, 2014, and sorted it all out in a handy infographic.
Here are a couple key points:
- We’re not judging, but SXSW goers love to Tweet about drinks around Noon.
- The rain on Saturday definitely brought a storm of Tweets, with more that 70% of weather-related Tweets mentioning Rain.
- HBO conquered the battle of the branded hashtags with 11,498 mentions of their Game of Thrones #GOTexhibit.
- Apparently someone on Austin’s famous 6th Street was dressed as Boba Fett. He didn’t get the most mentions, but we were surprised to see that term appear in the Top 7 terms Tweeted on the bar-lined promonade.
- Brace yourself, Austin: 1,445 Tweets mentioned wanting to move here.
What did you Tweet about at SXSW?