How to Make the Most of 3 Types of Spredfast Summit Content
In just over two months, more than 500 of the smartest professionals in social will gather in Austin to connect with one another while gaining valuable insight into the next wave of social. Our 5th annual Summit promises to be our biggest yet, propelled by our dedication to present truly groundbreaking content shared by the boldest, brightest leaders in the space.
If our content promises to be better than ever, how can you best absorb it? What types of Spredfast Summit content might mean the most to you given your current position, career goals, and company needs? We've got the low-down on three different types of Summit content, a sample of each, and a compelling reason for catching a networking opportunity, breakout session, or headliner. Read on to pack your mental bags:
- Sample keynote: Trevor Noah, Host of the Daily Show
- Why attend: Trevor Noah is best known as Host of Comedy Central’s The Daily Show. Noah launched his career in post-apartheid South Africa before making his US late night debut in 2012. He has tackled major social and political topics in his one man show The Racist and the 2015 comedy special Lost in Translation.
- How to get the most of our keynotes: We recommend putting your pens away for our keynote sessions, but keep your phones close for sharing photos and key quotes on social. Bonus? Each session will have a Q&A section, and we'll be taking questions directly from Twitter. Contribute to the conversation and have your specific questions answered by the brightest stars in this field.
The Breakout Sessions
- Sample breakout session: You Call That Content? featuring speakers Carrie Sloan, VP, Director of the Global Content Lab at Johnson & Johnson and Amy Lamparske, Head of Social Media at 3M
- Why attend: Because next-generation storytelling has arrived—and what we call content tomorrow might look vastly different than what your team has gotten a handle on creating today. In this session, we’ll dive into how brands are adapting to new forms of content consumption, whether that’s emojis, live-streams, memes, Virtual Reality, or drones.
- How to get the most out of our breakout sessions: For starters, take a look at our personalizable, mobile-friendly agenda and make plans now for which content you want to make certain you don't miss. Then, while you're taking in the breakout sessions, feel free to take Twitter notes—aka, Tweet out the parts of each speaker's presentation you find most compelling. It's a creative way to network with other attendees, build your personal brand, and contribute to the #SFSummit conversation. Once you’re back at the office, you can take those notes and put them to good use in your strategy and planning sessions. Too enraptured to take a time out and Tweet? Look out for our recap blog posts, which will help you fill in any details you might've missed.
Networking and the Party
- Sample networking opportunity: #SFSummit Party at Bangers Sausage House & Beer Garden
- Why attend: Let's be honest: We know we don't have to say much to convince you to attend our killer party. From the delicious food to the swingin entertainment, the party is your chance to meet new faces, reconnect with colleagues, and toast to a productive day in Austin.
- How to get the most out of networking: Remember, Spredfast Summit is your chance to mingle with colleagues and broaden your network at once. Attendees include folks from the NFL, Airbnb, ESPN, Patagonia and Twitter. Basically, you're bound to rub elbows with someone who just might have your next brilliant content or strategy idea—or your next job opportunity.
No matter the type of content, we're confident you'll find solid takeaways to inspire and motivate you when you get home. We can't wait to see you in Austin—we'll keep the margaritas and breakfast tacos in close reach and see you when you get here.