How Many Social Experts Can You Pack in One SXSW Panel?
Why do you come to SXSW? To network? To learn from your peers? To show off your own social media strategy chops? To have fun?
What if I told you that you could do all of these things in the very first session you attend?
Back for the fourth time, Sean McDonald and I will be hosting Mosh Pit of Experts 2015: The Future of Social on Friday, March 13th. Of course I’m biased, but I think it is the top social marketing session at SXSW. Here’s why:
None of us are strangers to the concept of crowdsourcing—from traffic updates to Super Bowl Commercials—there is power in the crowd. This session will crowdsource the expertise from leading digital and social professionals on the future of social media.
Here’s how it works:
Sean and I will be your able emcees for this lightning round, gameshow-esque session where we’ll invite two experts from the audience up to answer a pressing question on the future of social. The crowd will weigh in on which expert has the best answer and he or she will stay in the hot seat for the next round. Think you can stand the heat? Volunteer to come share your own insights.
These are the kinds of questions you will be asked:
- How can brands prepare for the rise of native video?
- Where does social media fit in the world of wearables?
- Should brands really pay a reported $750K a day to run ads on Snapchat?
- Real-time marketing: is it just for big brands at big events?
- Was the dress actually blue and black or gold and white?…And should brands weigh in?
- What is the most obvious use of big data from social media?
- How do you push boundaries with content and campaigns without becoming the next social media cautionary tale?
- Should customer loyalty programs be inherently social?
- How do you leverage Gen Z Influencers?
- From text limits to relevance ratings, Facebook is imposing ad standards to improve user experience. Can social media eliminate bad ads?
Do you know the answer or want to know the answer to any of these questions? Come participate in this lively session where you’ll get to meet other professionals preparing for the future of social.
These are the kinds of experts you’ll hear from:
During past Mosh Pit sessions, we’ve heard from social marketers and digital leaders at brands like Purina, Campbell’s Soup, Cox Cable, CNN ,Taco Bell and more.
This is the session where you’ll hear practical advice (and insider stories that corporate PR teams can’t suppress) from not just one or two smart social practitioners, but an entire crowd of them. You’d be amazed at the secrets you’ll learn from today’s most progressive social marketers. We expect another packed room, get there early because you never know what’s going to happen.
Have a burning question you want to cover during the session? Let me know now.