How Hawaiian Airlines is Both Human and Helpful on Social
Hawaiian Airlines is different: they’re an air carrier, but they’re also a destination carrier for Hawaii itself. Their customers are different, too: travelers tend to visit Hawaii for special trips and to celebrate emotional milestones like weddings and anniversaries. To meet guests’ needs and to honor their own mission, the Hawaiian Airlines social team ensures that the spirit of Aloha–Hawaiian hospitality–permeates every interaction.
The social media team at headquarters coordinates globally with team members who manage channels in Japan, China, and Korea–in different languages and with a decidedly anti one-size-fits all approach. The internal consistency Spredfast provides allows the entire social team to work faster and smarter to address customer needs. The social team in particular, and Hawaiian Airlines in general, makes every customer feel special, despite the volume they manage. That’s the spirit of Aloha.
How They Make it Work
- Onboarded international partners quickly with Spredfast, so the social team at headquarters could consolidate and coordinate brand voice and day-to-day social media content management
- Served a global audience with distinct channels and relevant, targeted content
- Utilized custom dashboards to track audience engagement all in one place
- Used Spredfast to monitor competitors and relevant hashtags, like #Hawaii, to provide internal teams with useful insights
- Efficiently responded to customers as a team using Spredfast to improve responsiveness and inquiry resolution time
“What has grown consistently, internally, is everyone’s awareness of the importance of social media as a marketing channel, a customer care conduit, and also as a way for PR to see and react in real-time to what’s happening.” —Asiana Ponciano
By swapping hard-coded data in spreadsheets for Spredfast’s dashboards, Hawaiian Airlines increased their social teams’ efficiency and responsiveness alike. Ultimately, Hawaiian Airlines is now more aware of what their customers are talking about and how far along each issue is in the resolution cycle, which makes each customer engagement more relevant and impactful. Rather than starting anew with each customer issue, Hawaiian Airlines is able to view the history of all customer conversations, making it possible to pinpoint previous engagements and pick the conversation up where it left off. Also, by having access to Spredfast Care analytics, they’re able to measure and report on how successfully they’ve tracked against their KPIs—to grow their audience and keep them engaged—in a seamless, easy-to-access way.